Friday, March 9, 2012

Social Tagging - Somewhat Finally Understood

Ahhh ... so now I think I (kind of) get it. The concept of social tagging always seemed to have sort of eluded me, but with the example of Flickr explained in the article, I get it.

Pinterest is then a social tagging website, is it not? That's my conclusion after reading this week's assignments, and someone please tell me I'm right so I don't lose my mind. I love pinterest, and have actually used it for a multitude of things: craft time ideas for work, wedding ideas, motivational pics and sayings for running/losing weight, etc.I can only get on there once a week (on Fridays) but it works for me.

I'm still slogging through my book for the book review (Everything Bad is Good For You) and while it is very interesting, I am at my wits end trying to think of some creative way to do this book review. I'm hoping once I finish the book some idea will miraculously pop into my head.

Maybe I will do a socially tagged board. Hey, why not? I'll even add some pictures of cheeseburgers for my own rendition of the title :o)

3 comments:

  1. I am doing the same book for my book review and I am struggling with the same problem of how to present my review in a creative way. I may do a podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are right about Pinterest. And yes, it might make a good socially tagged book review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Kristin! I saw a link through Twitter to a podcast book review, I can't remember if it is yours! I'm hoping to check it out this weekend :o)

    I have just taken notes for each of the sections on the book (gaming, TV, Internet, etc) and have made a compilation of notes on each one ... now trying to figure out a way to socially tag them. I'm thinking if the Pinterest thing is too complicated, I could write a book review on my blog, then socially tag it. Ironing out the details!

    ReplyDelete