Friday, February 17, 2012

Book Review: Everything Bad is Good For You

Boy, I wish this was true when it came to food :o) I am about a quarter of the way through, and so far the author has talked about gaming and the positive effects it has (much more in depth than just hand/eye coordination levels improving). The book is actually much more technical than I anticpated, and I admit, I tend to glaze over in those spots. I like the gist though, and Johnson explains himself well and has some good ideas.

After skimming through, the other topics are Televsion, the Internet, and Film (all Part I). Part II seems to be more philosophical, talking about a couple of different theories Johnson has come up with that integrates technology and pop culture. I have to admit, I have no idea where to go with the media outlet for my book review. I'm hoping as I read further, some sort of idea will jump out at me!

1 comment:

  1. I am reviewing the same book, and I find that it is eye-opening. I'm almost done and it has given me a lot to think about.

    ReplyDelete